Whether you are an individual or an organization/company, I will ensure that whatever you are writing is polished, focused, grammatically correct, and compelling. My goal is to ensure that your ideas and information shine through, and that you are effective in reaching whatever your goal is for that particular piece of writing. Here are some examples of the kinds of projects I can take on for you:
Text review: Blog posts, event announcements, grant proposals, books – you name it, I’ll work with you to make it shine.
Website review: Your web is your calling card, and strong writing will make it more effective. I will review your site to ensure that your writing is clear, concise, persuasive, grammatically correct, and typo-free. Choose between your entire site or just selected pages (such as “About”).
Recipe review: Consistency and clarity are key when writing recipes. I will ensure that your ingredients and instructions are as easy for your readers to follow as possible.
Application material review: Looking to land a new job or gain admission to a competitive program? Let me help your resume, CV, cover letter, and supporting materials show the best you.
Academic writing review: Writing a thesis, dissertation, or journal article is its own beast. While it’s important that all of the regular language rules be followed, it’s also critical that specific academic writing conventions be adhered to. I can help to ensure that your document meets these standards and is both convincing and compelling.
English review: Writing in another language is extremely challenging, even if you are quite fluent. My background in teaching English and editing the work of non-native speakers allows me to ensure that your text – no matter which of the above – flows well and is fully correct from a language point of view.
How does it work?
- A no-obligation estimate is provided on a project basis. The length of the text, the level of editing wanted/needed, and the required turnaround time will all be taken into consideration.
- I will provide you with a clean, edited text as well as a document that contains all of the changes indicated using the “track changes” feature of MS Word. If you are not familiar with this feature, I will provide you with simple instructions for using it.
- A turnaround time will be agreed with the client at the start of the project.
- One round of revisions will happily be undertaken if you feel adjustments are required. My end goal is truly to ensure that you are fully satisfied with the end product.
- Payment is due upon completion of the project. Larger projects may require a fifty percent down payment upfront.